Topics

Where's the referee

drewshotsfan

Hi Guys

I seem to have spent a lot of time apologising for delays lately. I think it's only fair that you know what's happening in my world at the moment

My sister-in-law is not too well and is in hospital at the moment, and has been for about three weeks. My brother (Ed) is travelling every day to be with her. They have dogs. My other brother (Paul) and myself have stepped up to the plate in the form of dog/general house sitting, to remove that one worry from Ed's list. Consequently I have been travelling to North Wales (about a three hour drive) most weekends and some weekdays, on top of my normal working day. Consequently, I either have no FW time or I am too tired when I do have FW time. On top of that, two days ago I had to start training for my first half marathon of the year, which is in May. So, my lifestyle has changed considerably over the last few weeks

I can only apologise, because I love refereeing, and I think the priority for a referee is to keep the pace of a game going, otherwise things drift, including players enthusiasm. Perhaps I should have sent you this sit rep before now, but ever the optimist I thought I would be able to progress things sooner

On the plus side, my sister-in-law may be out of hospital by the weekend. Whenever she does get home my lifestyle will revert to normal (yes, I can run and referee at the same time!). In the meantime, I just wanted you all to know that I haven't forgotten about the game (far from it, it pops into my mind every day) and that I will progress things as soon as I can

Thanks

Drew

Rob Richmond

Drew,

No need to apologize for the delay.  Take care of your family, they are way more important than the game.  We will wait for when you are able to get it started up again.

Rob R.

[...]

Andrew McKenzie <andrewmckenzie219@...>

Hey Drew, I think most of the people who play these old style wargames (e.g., are not plugged into a wall with an xbox) are either taking care of a new generation, taking care of an older generation, or both at the same time, not to mention trying to hold down a job and avoid getting fired.

I really do miss the care-free days when all I would have to worry about would be whose house would be hosting the next wargame or RPG with some local guys in the neighborhood (who I'm still in touch with, one of whom is developing wargames for classical and ancient times, and uses them to teach in University of Vermont).

You really don't need to apologize.  Just glad to have your company.  You all feel like the old crowd I ran with.

Luis Oliveira

Live has an habit of getting in the way of gamming…

Take all the time you need…